Back with another post! This one is about what I am loving and hating this June.. Well mostly just loving since I can’t really point out a single flaw in the stuff I’m about to talk about! This haul was from Boots on Queen Street (Cardiff) and the MAC store in St. Davids (Cardiff). Boots is my ultimate destination and answer to anything and everything! I managed to collect enough points to go back and buy most of this for free now! Woohoo!
First up : MY LOVE FOR COFFEE!! Who doesn’t like a big wake me up kick by strong black coffee? My coffee keeps getting stronger everyday and I’m up to almost 3 heaped tablespoons of coffee about 4 times a day! Mind you this has come down from an average 6 mugs of coffee a day because my dentist found out about my horrible coffee addiction and made me cut back when I asked if I could get veneers hehe!
- L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Matte Addiction Lipsticks: The shades I picked up were 463 PLUM TUXEDO and 430 MON JULES. I had been wanting to try their Color Riche line for sometime (yes, I know its super old) and when I saw these colours I absolutely fell in love with them! Plum Tuxedo had my name all over it!! PLUM TUXEDO is a gorgeous berry pink and the perfect shade for a night out on a hot summer day! MON JULES is a much much deeper shade than plum tuxedo and has a hint of reddish maroon to it. It is what I would call berry red, since it has both pink and red undertones to it. They are an absolute treat to wear and not drying AT ALL. They claim to be matte but they’re extremely comfortable. I tend to lick my lips a lot after applying lipstick and these make them feel so soft and creamy and the colours don’t budge either! They’re non transferrable and last a good 4-6hours without requiring a touch up!
- Next up is the L’Oréal Infalliable primer, I’ve spoken about this already and cant emphasize enough on how great this is! I have used primers by various brands and I keep coming back to this one. Seen in the picture is my 4th tube of this primer and I make sure I always keep a backup with me! I discovered this during Bina Khans Eid look that she did a year back and ever since been in love with it. She talked about applying it 10-12 minutes prior to applying the rest of the makeup in order to get a stronger hold and that surely does work for me!
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation : This needs no introduction. Currently using my 3rd tube and itching to get another one! This is perfect for the horrid humid weather of Karachi and most importantly doesn’t oxidise unlike a lot of other mattifying foundations. It works well on covering pores and comes in a huge range of shades to choose from. Refer to my previous post for more details about it : https://inyourfacebymaleeha.wordpress.com/2017/06/07/35-vs-6-99-the-drug-store-war/
- NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray : Being blessed (almost cursed) with oily skin I am always looking for setting sprays which would help me keep my make up in place. I have been an avid lover of the URBAN DECAY All nighter spray but thanks to my lack of monetary planning I was unable to buy it when I finished my second bottle. The lady at the NYX kiosk showed me two versions of the setting spray, one called ‘Long Lasting’ and the other which serves the same purpose but gives a dewy finish. I was hesitant at first but she managed to convince me to buy it. The spray has definitely managed to help my make up stay a lot longer and at times my face actually feels so taut that someone’s glued my make up on! That is possibly the only con I can think of but its 10/10 otherwise.
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer : I have been using the NARS radiant creamy concealer for as long as I can remember but this drugstore version was a pleasant surprise (enough to have 3 in my make up vanity already) – the consistency is a lot thicker than the NARS one and it definitely sets a lot faster hence quick handwork is needed to blend it before it dries. It has full coverage and once set with the BEN NYE BANANA POWDER it gives me no trouble whatsoever! For the sake of reference I use CW04 – Beige.
- NYX Tinted Brow Mascara : Having inherited the thick brow genes from my mom I’ve never felt the need to use any brow products. There is a little gap at the start of my left brow which tends to annoy me sometimes but nothing significant enough to invest in expensive brow products. I bought this Mascara and I have to say this more than enough for me! It gives a natural yet full look to the brows and the best part being it doesn’t trickle off on the side of my face even when my face is a hot, sweaty mess! (It doesn’t always look sexy having a sweaty face -_-)
- Soap & Glory 3 in 1 Vitamin C Facial Wash : If you want that squeaky clean face after you wash it (and not pay truck loads of $$$ for it) then your prayers have been answered! This Soap & Glory Vitamin C Facial Wash leaves my face clean as a slate and cool as a cucumber EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I had heard/read multiple reviews about it causing people to break out but I for one didn’t have that issue. It is a drying face wash so people could have possibly gotten reactionary increase in the production of their sebum; hence the breakouts. But my oily skin genes luckily help me this aspect! It has a yummy minty feel to it which surely does sting the eyes but leaves me feeling super fresh!
- MAC Oh, Darling! : Last but not the least, this absolutely wonderful limited edition MAC product which isn’t limited edition anymore!! I was super bummed out when I discovered they had run out of it and was probably the first one to buy it as soon as they introduced it in their permanent line of highlighters! Oh, Darling! is a metallic gold, medium-toned highlighter with the perfect amount of shimmer. It does not have the chunky pieces of glitter like their Soft & Gentle, which I personally didn’t like on myself and gave it away the second I found a willing taker. It blends like a dream and doesn’t wear off for 6-8 hours! I cant possibly think of anyone who wouldn’t be able to pull off this beautiful colour.
Swatches for the highlighter and lipsticks are shown below. I personally don’t like doing lip swatches since lipsticks look different on everyone and I rely more on arm swatches than lip ones! For those who want lip swatches wait for my Eid insta-flooding 😉
That’s it for my JUNE favourites! Keep watching this space for more next month!
Would love to hear from you guys if you have used any of these products or if you wish to use them! ❤