Hi, all! So I wanted to do a top 5 beauty products post but I just couldn’t figure out which 5 to include then I thought 7 and again there were some I still wanted to add but I really had to put my foot down on 10! These probably still don’t do justice to my top favourite beauty products but I wouldn’t want to bore you by putting down 50 things in one post!
I tried including everything that I could from foundation to concealer to lipstick and hey perfume too! I did miss out on stuff like primers, bronzer, setting sprays etc but I’ll cover those in the next post. I keep staring at my makeup organiser and looking at potential top favourite items for my next post while I write this!
Stating in no particular order of preference my top 10 are as follows:
- MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION: I don’t think this product needs any introduction (especially not on my blog) – I have mentioned this SO many times and if you haven’t then you must read my detailed post about it, here at https://inyourfacebymaleeha.wordpress.com/2017/06/07/35-vs-6-99-the-drug-store-war/ before you move on to anything else! This foundation is at a quarter the price of all the high-end ones and works equally well, if not better than them. Stays on forever, doesn’t budge, doesn’t oxidise, doesn’t cake up and keeps you looking like a Queen all night long!
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS – MODERN RENAISSANCE PALETTE: This is my first ever Anastasia product and O M G. The outer packaging of the palette is this gorgeous soft velvet cover which feels and looks so luxurious. With 14 extremely pigmented colours and a double sided brush to work with, this palette is a sure winner for me. The gorgeous cranberry and pink shades are so different and definitely something I was extremely scared to jump into! I waited a really long time before I finally decided to buy it and I’m so glad I did! The shades are super pigmented and they blend like a dream. This palette is definitely a 10/10 for me and highly recommended to everyone looking for something other than the typical gold/bronze or smokey eye palettes.
I definitely don’t have the most flattering arms for arm swatches but these colours are absolutely beautiful in real life. I posted a look on my Instagram that I did with this palette. Check out the link here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWOVc4xBDSE/?taken-by=inyourfacebymaleeha
- BOURJOIS HEALTHY BALANCE UNIFYING POWDER: Since I have combination/oily skin I always need a powder to set my make up or sometimes when I’m being super lazy or want a really light natural look I use powder on its own. This particular one was recommended by a dear friend of mine and a snap chat follower, both swearing by how great it is. I have to say I agree with them 100%! This powder has a lovely matte finish which isn’t drying at all but instead feels super soft and velvety. It says it is supposed to give 10 hours matte finish and boosted radiance, because of the fruit extracts added to it. It surely does live up to its claim and hence on my top 10 favourite make up products list! Highly recommended for everyone with oily or combination skin. I use a small kabuki brush to apply it with but you can use any sponge or brush that you feel comfortable with. The compact itself does not come with a sponge like most do.
- MASARRAT MISBAH STAY ON BLUSHER – BALLET GLOW: The Masarrat Misbah brand has been making huge waves amongst lots of makeup enthusiasts in Pakistan and abroad. With years and years of experience in the field of makeup, Masarrat Misbah has developed products meant just for our skin and climate. From her foundations to lipsticks to highlighters, the team at MM has covered everything. My favourite product along with the MM Silk foundation (going to cover it in the next post) has to be the blush-on in BALLET GLOW. It is a beautiful sheen pink which goes on smoothly on the face and stays on forever. My blush-on tend to just disappear into my skin and I feel this one stays exactly where it should from the start till the end! Highly recommended for everyone!
- HUDA BEAUTY LIQUID MATTE – TRENDSETTER: I have spoken about this previously and cannot express my love enough for this! Form the packaging to the formula everything is a 10/10 about this product. I may be a bit unhealthily obsessed with the Queen of Beauty as well but this is my absolutely honest opinion! Trendsetter is a beautiful brown nude and it goes well with almost anything. Nice nude lips with sultry smokey eyes or just a casual day out with basic nude lips, TRENDSETTER can do both! Check out my previous post about the lipstick here: https://inyourfacebymaleeha.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/the-bag-that-contains-my-face/
- BENEFIT – SUN BEAM: I’m a sucker for anything warm gold. This liquid highlighter by Benefit described as a ‘warm ray of light’ gives a natural, yet radiant looking sun-kissed glow. It can be used mixed with your moisturiser, foundation or as a highlighter on top of your cheekbones, and down the bridge of the nose. I love mixing this highlighter with my foundation (2-3 drops) for that extra ‘glow from within’! Sun Beam does not contain any chunky glittery or shimmery pieces hence gives a very smooth finish. The ‘beam’ highlighters come in three different shades. Sun Beam being the golden bronze end of the spectrum, Shy Beam the nude pink highlighter and High Beam is the more silvery looking highlighter. So they actually cover all three major colours that you’d ever need in a highlighter for any skin tone! The packaging is super cute and basic with a nail polish like brush for application which helps in controlling the amount being used. Sun Beam is definitely a universally accepted product for all skin tones!
- LOREAL PERFECT MATCH SUPER BLENDABLE CONCEALER – 5 ‘SAND’: This was a completely accidental purchase and definitely no regrets afterwards! I had gone to buy the Maybelline FIT ME concealer but they didn’t have my shade (probably the 5th time I’ve tried buying it!) and I ended up buying this L’Oréal one. The lady at the kiosk told me it is truly supposed to be a perfect match (I mean the name gives that away), blends really well and gives long lasting coverage. I apply it using a damp Real Techniques Sponge (orange one) after colour correcting with my LA Girl orange corrector (cannot live without it!). The concealer definitely blends really well, stays on forever once set with powder (I use my BEN NYE powder in Banana) and the best part for me is that it doesn’t oxidise or change colour even after 6 hours of application! My under eye area does melt down a bit after a while so that is definitely there but I find this doesn’t crease as badly/much as my NARS radiant creamy concealer used to. Ever since I have found these amazing drugstore concealers I haven’t once looked back at NARS! Great colour range to choose from and definitely a shade for all! (PS: Excuse the messy sponge, I used it last night and very impulsively decided to throw it in the picture!)
- SIGMA FLAT KABUKI – F80: This is one of my ride or die foundation brushes. Its probably one of the commonest used foundation application tools after the famous Beauty Blender! It comes with a densely packed brush head with a firm black handle to grip on below. The best part about this brush is that it doesn’t soak up too much product, which is one of the biggest cons of the beauty blender for me. I use this brush to cover the entire face neck and sometimes buff product in the under eye area as well. The flat top helps cover big areas of the face and the super smooth and flexible bristles help around the curves and contours of the face. I did a detailed post on make up brushes sometime back and you must check it out while you are here! The link is as follows: https://inyourfacebymaleeha.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/foundation-brushes/
- REVLON MASCARA – LASH POTION: It hurts me deeply that this absolute favourite mascara of mine has now been discontinued! I tried looking for it in stores and online but could only find a few very random sellers on Amazon who had it. I have decided to never part with this mascara wand even if the mascara finishes because this one is BOMB AF! Its the blackest, intensest and most dramatic mascara I have ever used (and trust me I have used A LOT of mascaras to know what I’m talking about!). I start applying it from the base of my lashes and wiggle my way up and also rotating the mascara somehow magically in between till I reach the top. Two coats done this way you are good to go! This mascara is super long lasting and exxxtremely water resistant so it does become a pain taking it off, but a bit of baby oil or coconut oil does the job just fine! I posted a close up of my eyes on my Instagram a while ago where I had used Lash Potion and Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara (my daily wear mascara!): https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9mRvYhnSD/?taken-by=inyourfacebymaleeha – The amount of volume this mascara gives is unreal and you can see for yourself in the link I have posted above!
- BURBERRY- WEEKEND: Last but not the least, gotta smell good too! Launched in 1997, Burberry Weekend still remains a cult classic amongst many! Nearing the end of my third bottle now, safe to say I am heading to the store soon to get my fourth one. Described as, ‘A sheer fragrance with top notes of tangerine, tree sap and reseda plant. Delicate floral heart notes of wild rose, peach blossom, iris and hyacinth, invigorated by a subtle splash of nectarine, the low notes of cedar wood and sandalwood add depth for a relaxed and fresh scent’ this is definitely a must on every dressing table for day or night time!
That’s it for now, thank you so much for reading and looking forward to hearing all about your favourite products in the comments section!